The end result for any detective attending this 3-day course will be a new approach to major crime or homicide investigation. Attendees will increase their understanding of crime scene methodology and applying it to the following aspects of their investigations:
- Scene walk through to identify the most crucial and often missed items of evidence
- Recognition of staged crime scenes to help better identify correct manner of death (suicide vs homicide)
- Improved interview and interrogation processes by better comprehending what occurred during the event even if investigator only spent a short amount of time within scene
- Enhanced testifying skills by understanding the forensics behind the decisions. With increased knowledge comes increased confidence while on the stand.
- Bloodstain Recognition & Shooting Reconstruction basics
- OIS scene processing
- Cognitive Bias and how it can affect the outcome of a scene
This course is not a typical investigation course nor a course for CSIs. It was designed specifically for detectives to greatly improve their interpretation and analysis of the cases assigned to them. Attendees will walk away with many additional tools in their skill set to solve cases.